Grilled Shrimp and Asparagus
This recipe is for shrimp skewers. Both in Japanese and Italian cuisine skewers have an important place. They’re always tasty and fun to eat.
Since you’re grilling, grilled asparagus can be a good side for them.
For the shrimp:
- 15-18 large shrimp
- 6 wooden skewers
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of fine chopped parsley
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Pacific Sun Farms Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
Clean and shell the shrimp. Cut each shrimp in halves or thirds, depending on how big they are (pieces should be of 1-1.5″ each). Place the shrimp, lemon juice, parsley in a mixing bowl. Salt and pepper at your preference. Mix well. Add the Meyer Lemon olive oil and mix again. Let it set for 10 minutes.
For the asparagus:
- 15 asparagus stalks (thicker ones will do better when grilling)
- Break the asparagus to remove the hard edges
- Blanche the asparagus in boiling water (1-2 min.). Remove them and let cool. Dry them with paper towel.
- Add a bit of salt and brush them with Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
Once the grill is ready:
- Put the shrimp on the skewers
- Grill the skewers for 5 min. on each side
- Grill the asparagus for 3 min. on each side while you are grilling the shrimp
Enjoy with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc!
SUMMER SPECIAL: Get our Griller’s Choice 3-Pack for only $26.00!